Donation Policy for Van Alstyne Public Library effective October 2019
- Manpower – We receive hundreds of books on a weekly basis. Neither the Library nor the Friends of the Library have the manpower to process volume of this magnitude.
- Storage – Both the Library and Friends storage facilities are full. Despite hosting two sales a year we are unable to accommodate this many books.
Please consider the following when considering the Library for donations:
- Items will be clean, dry, free of mold, mildew and neatly boxed.
- Items Not Accepted
- Garage or estate sale “leftovers”
- VHS or audiocassettes
- Magazines older than 3 months
- Music CD’s
- Reader’s Digest Condensed, encyclopedias, or textbooks.
Please, no dumping in the parking lot or in the book drop
This new policy helps us keep the Library & Friends resources working towards providing the best service and the best collection possible for you, our patrons.
Cash donations are always welcome — they give us the flexibility to purchase media and other equipment to meet needs in the community.